When moving, whether it is home or office, it is usually a good idea to hire a professional removals company. Not only does this allow for moves to be as smooth as possible but it also allows for money to be saved. However, with this is mind people should be aware that it is not good practice to simply hire the first removals company that they come across and when people do this bad things can happen. People should always take time to find a reputable removals London company to hire, remembering that they are going to be trusting them with all of their belongings. Not only this, but ensuring that removals teams chosen are proficient and experienced can allow for moves to go smoothly with minimal stress.
If you are currently considering moving and want to ensure that you pick the most beneficial removals company to help you follow these five expert tips:
- Make sure they have a fixed address. Upon discovering a removals company you should straight away check that they have a company address and a landline number – This means that you will be able to reach them and find them should something go wrong, and that they are much less likely to just take your money and run. Never book removals services from a company that only have a mobile number.
- Research their accreditations. A great way to check whether a removals company is reputable or not is to check their accreditations out. You will find that the majority of good removals companies in England are also accredited by industry organisations such as BAR (the British association of Removers) and the National Guild of Removers and Storers.
- Ask for a written quote. When looking to book a removals team it can be a good idea to ask a number of different companies for written quotes including a breakdown of costs. Remember the cheapest is not always the best, but by doing this you will be able to gain a good idea of what you should be paying, and also will be provided with a cost so that no hidden charges can be added at a later date.
- Check they have insurance. Removals companies are in charge of looking after people’s beloved possessions therefore it is imperative that they hold the relevant insurance. Removals companies must have comprehensive insurance policies in place in case belongings get broken, this way damaged or lost items can be replaced and no one is left out of pocket.
- Read reviews and testimonials. Finally, another great way to see if a removals company is as good as they say they are is to take a look at their reviews. In today’s day and age there are many ways to see company reviews, not only are they often showcased on companies websites but there are also other websites which show reviews such as Trust Pilot and Facebook. It is also a good idea to ask family, friends and colleagues if they have previously used a removals company as it can be best practice to use one which you know for certain has help someone that you know tremendously.